Notification on manner of submitting customer complaint
NOTIFICATION ON MANNER OF SUBMITTING CUSTOMER COMPLAINT, ACTIONS OF API BANKE AD BEOGRAD FOLLOWING A SUBMITTED COMPLAINT AND THE POSSIBILITY OF FILING A COMPLAINT BY NATIONAL BANK OF SERBIA
API Banka a.d. Beograd (API bank JSC Belgrade) hereby notifies its clients on manner of submitting a complaint, actions of API Banka a.d. Beograd following a submitted complaint and the possibility of filing a complaint by National Bank of Serbia pursuant to Article 42, paragraph 8 of the Law on protection of user of financial Services (Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia no.36/2011 and 139/2014), The Decision on procedure of acting upon complaint made by user of financial services (Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia 1/2019) and The Decision on procedure of acting upon complaint made by legal entity (Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia no.1/2019, API banka a.d. Beograd (further in text: Bank) notifies the client on manner of filing a complaint, Bank procedures upon filing a complaint as well as possibility of filing a complaint by National Bank of Serbia.
Right to file a complaint
The right to file a complaint is a sole right of:
- User – physical entity, entrepreneur and farmer based on use of financial services as well as provider of user claims based on the use of financial services within a period of three years since the infringement of their rights or legal interest
- Client – legal entity that uses the services of the Bank based on the loan agreement, deposit as well as other services rendered by Bank in accordance with the Law within 60 days from the moment he became aware of infringement of his rights or legal interest, and at latest within a period of three year
Manner of filing a complaint
The user of bank services or client shall submit a complaint in following written form:
- Personally at Bank desks
- by forwarding it to e-mail address: prigovori@APIbank.rs
- by post at address:
API Bank a.d. Beograd, Služba usklađenosti poslovanja Banke
Balkanska br. 2, 11000 Beograd
- At bank website apibank.rs by filling out the prescribed form for filing a complaint
The submitted complaint needs to contain data that indubitably aid in ascertainment of the relation with the Bank adressed by the complaint- date related to clinet, service, description of the very questionable relation, account number or Contract number referred to by complaint and reasons for filing of complaint.
The bank is not obligated to take orally submitted complaints into consideration.
In case of personal complaint, the Bank undertakes to issue a Confirmation on receipt of the complanint which is ought to include data on place and time of the receipt, as well as the name of employee who receives the complaint.
In case of submitting a complaint via internet presentation or e-mail, the Bank will immediately confirm the receipt of the complaint in an electronic form.
The Bank‘s handling procedure upon the client‘s complaint
The Bank undertakes to respond in written form within 15 days upon the date of the receipt of the complaint. If the Bank is not able to respond within the specified deadline for objective reasons, the deadline can be extended for a maximum of 15 days. The Bank is obligated to inform the applicant in written form, citing the reasons due to which it is not possible to submit the response within the specified deadline, as well as the end-deadline within which the response will be submitted.
The Bank‘s response can only be delivered in written form
- via mail
- electronically, if the complaint is submitted via internet presentation of the Bank, e-mail and in case the user/client explicitly agrees with this manner of delivery
Complaint submission to the National Bank of Serbia.
If the applicant is dissatisfied fith the response to the complaint or if the Bank fails to respond in writing within 15 days from the receipt of the complaint, with the possibility of extension, the applicant can file a complaint to the National Bank of Serbia in the following manner:
- by post at address:
NBS – Centar za zaštitu i edukaciju korisnika finansijskih usluga Poštanski fah 712 11000 Beograd
- by forwarding it to e-mail address: email@example.com
If the client submits the complaint to the National Bank of Serbia, and not the Bank – the National Bank of Serbia shall not take the allegations of the complaint into consideration, but it shall be forwarded to further consideration and procedure.
The deadline for submitting the complaint to the National Bank of Serbia is:
- User – natural person, entrepreneur or farmer six months
- Client – legal entity three months
upon the day of receipt of the Bank‘s response or upon the expiration of the deadline for delivering the response by the Bank (if the Bank does not respond within the legal period of 15 days, and it does not send a notification on the extension of the deadline by 15 days at most)
The complaint to the National Bank of Serbia must include:
- User/Client identification data,
- Establishing relationship with the Bank,
- The reason of filing a complaint,
- The complaint delivered to the Bank as well as the response of the Bank (if delivered)
Documentation based on which the allegations of the complaint can be estimated