With this Policy, users are informed about rights and obligations in the collection of data to be used within the application. Only data and information whose processing was explicitly requested will be requested from the user.
The following is regarded as personal data: Name, surname, date of birth, ID data, address and other contact information, financial and credit information as well as other information related to the user.
The Bank collects all data in its own name, taking care to protect children’s privacy and sensitive data in particular, the data being protected by information and communication systems and other security measures, regardless of the form and manner of storage, and these shall be used in a manner consistent with their purpose and according to the obtained authorization from users.
It is possible that the so-called “Cookies” will appear in order to improve user experience (Cookies are small pieces of data that the browser uses and stores which enable its identification on websites in later visits). Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but the user can accept them individually or deny them.
All data collected have the status of banking secrecy and will not be made available to third parties, other than the competent state authorities, courts and prosecutors’ offices upon their request, in accordance with the applicable regulations in the Republic of Serbia.
Also, API Bank ad Beograd is not responsible for the privacy policies and content of other sites that may be linked to the site www.apibank.rs
- Always access the API Bank Electronic Services through the API Bank official website at www.apibank.rs
- Never rely on or provide information on websites that use the name of the API Bank that you did not access through the official bank site
- Never give anyone data about your account
- API Bank employees will never ask you to provide them with your password by phone, email or otherwise
- Do not access your account or any financial service from Internet cafes or other public places
- Never abandon your computer during the use of the e-banking service
- Do not respond to emails with the appearance and content as if they were sent by API bank, a state institution, or any other body in which you are required to provide your personal information including your username and password
- Do not open unexpected attachments in email messages, regardless of whether they come from a known or unknown user
- Use sms notifications, on account transactions, either directly or through a payment card, as a type of security mechanism for the tracking of transactions
- If you receive an e-mail message asking you to “… verify your account” or “verify details regarding your login account” – it’s an attempt to deceive you, which should not be answered.
- Never show or give your access data (username or password)
- Avoid the option of automatic login which saves your password.
- Always exit from the application regularly in the manner provided for in the application itself. Never just close the application or the browser.
- When choosing a password, avoid information that can be easily linked to you (date of birth, etc.)
- Change the password frequently – we suggest you do that on a monthly basis.
- Avoid the use of the same or previously used passwords.
- Observe everything that is required of you by the general conditions of use of the service by the bank
Be sure to install an antivirus program on your computer Make sure that virus definitions are updated regularly Use mechanisms for the detection and elimination of malicious software such as spyware, malware, spams Perform regular scanning of your computer, for virus detection, and similar unwanted malicious software Use protection software such as firewalls or personal firewalls, especially if you have a high-flow internet connection or constant Internet access (such as a cable modem)
- Do not download content from unfamiliar persons or from unknown sites
- Do not click on links you receive in email messages from unknown senders
- Delete all personal information stored in your computer before you decide to sell it or give it to another person
- Make sure that the web site you have accessed has a secure connection symbol (locked padlock) in the upper right corner next to the address entry area